Be sure to look for and be satisfied with these items before signing a contract with a contractor.
Contractor Checklist From NARI:
- Was the Contractor/Salesperson on time?
- Was their appearance neat and professional?
- Was their vehicle presentable?
- Did they listen to your ideas, and ask questions?
- Did they suggest options / alternatives / ideas?
- Do they have insurance? (Liability & Workman’s comp.)
- How many years have they been in business?
- Are they members in any trade or other organizations?
- Are they certified? (If applicable)
- Do they have a website for more information?
- Do you feel comfortable with them?
Download NARI’s PDF version of this checklist here.